Although I haven’t been posting, I’ve been knitting. I’ve decided to throw all caution to the wind and cast on for Juliet even though there’s a real possibility of insufficient yarn. I’ve no intention of doubling the yarn and figured I might just (barely) make it since I’m also really petite.
And this pattern is kicking my ass. Big time.
I’ve been reading all the posts on Ravelry and the general consensus is that this pattern runs big. After looking at some of the other knitters’ measurements and the sizes they ended up knitting, I’m thinking XS is probably still going to be a little big on me. Plus I’m not doubling the yarn so there’s no way I can knit to gauge seeing as the resulting fabric will be less than ideal. So I had to do some Maths. This is also my first knit garment.
I ended up ripping the damn thing a gazillion times. You can even see the kinked yarn in the picture. As of today, I’m almost done with the bodice. Hopefully, I won’t have to do any ripping again.